A perfect trip for the whole family, history enthusiast or first time rider looking for a wide, well groomed trail. This trip departs from the Takhini Hotsprings area and ends at the Braeburn Lodge 5 days later. The trail is part of the old historic Dawson Trail used during the Gold Rush Era in the early 1900’s to freight supplies by horse power to Dawson City. Many artifacts can be seen from the trail along the way (for viewing only by travellers on the trail). Old stopping house locations (where stage drivers changed horses and people got a hot meal and place to sleep) can be found along the trail approximately every 25 miles. This trail is also part of the Trans Canada Trail. This is a scenic trail, with small creeks to cross, many small lakes and beautiful views of mountains on either side of the trail, as the trail travels through a large valley. The history of this trail is written all along the way and holds a very unique historical value for the area.
* Learn the history and see artifacts (archeological findings ) along the trail.
* Observe wildlife in their natural surroundings
* Enjoy swimming in small lakes on the trail during hot summer days
* Savor meals cooked in a dutch oven
* Learn how to care for your horse in a wilderness camp
* Experience moving camps and packing horses over 5 days
* Ride on historic trail
Package price: $1875 per person plus GST (that’s $375 per person / per day plus tax)